The Lincoln Home, located in the Columbus Historic District, sits two blocks south of Main Street and just west of the Mississippi University for Women campus. It is in easy walking distance of the school, churches, restaurants, gift and antique shops and the Trotter Convention Center. Columbus Air Force Base visitors and guests often use the Lincoln Home facilities. Built in 1833, the Lincoln place was home to the Lincoln family for about 135 years. Since the town of Columbus was founded in 1821, it is one of the oldest pre-Civil War residences and Cicero Lincoln was one of Columbus' first mayors. The style today is a “raised cottage” that features original blue and red Venetian side lights.